Monday, February 5, 2018

Simon Says

LAST WEEK’S EMAIL-
Hi fam!
Well there goes another week! I feel like I was just typing up an email haha. This week was mainly in our area which is always tons of fun. Lots of our investigators we’ve been workin with have shown lack of action so we’ve been having to sort through everyone and find who we need to focus on. Although many of our investigators haven’t been progressing we still had such an awesome week finding new people! We’ve been praying to find people who are prepared and were blessed with lots of new people. We’ve seen lots of success mainly with college kids since our area seems to have more of them than normal.
I think my favorite lesson this week was one night with Elder Mitchell and Elder Somosa (an office elder who spent the night with us working.) We met three college kids who live next to one of our investigators. A goal we’ve made lately is if an appointment falls through we talk to everyone around that house for 10 minutes and if we still don’t have a lesson we’ll head to our next appointment. It’s helped us find lots of awesome people who see us walking by their house all the time. Our area is actually super small (you can walk across it in about 10 minutes) but I think especially if I’m ever in a bigger area where we might have to travel more it would be really effective to do this. Haha it’s kinda something we hear we should do as missionaries but I feel like not very many apply it.
We had super fun exchanges with Elder Palmer and Elder Tuiatua. The four of us worked in our area and I feel like I learned a lot of new things. Elder Tuiatua and I knocked on a door and an older lady opened the door and started shaking her head. Elder Tuiatua just started nodding his head saying “yes.” Haha I was laughing and then the lady started laughing too. After getting to know her for a minute she said she was busy but we asked her if we could teach her another day. As she was thinking of what to say Elder Tuiatua jumped in and said, “hey have you ever heard of simon says?” She said she knew what it was so Elder told her to follow him. He then said “yes” and she said the same haha. We then said, “Ok thanks!” and again she started laughing. We have an appointment with her later this next week. Haha he’s a pretty funny guy.
At church our recent convert named Aga told us he has a good friend named Aga who’s been in the hospital for about a month with Leukemia. We were able to go meet him after church with our recent convert. We walked in and met Aga and his family and wow they were so nice! He loves the NBA and penny boards I felt like we had lots in common. It was cool to just give him some company and introduce the Book of Mormon to him so he could have something to do. We were also able to teach him about the priesthood then give him a priesthood blessing before leaving. It was the first blessing I’ve given with a mask on! It was a neat experience for me. I’m thankful for the mission giving me so many opportunities to exercise the priesthood.
I got news this week that Danny Santos’ (first baptism) daughter’s family got baptized! The mom, dad, and two kids. I guess they’ve wanted to be baptized for some time now but were just having problems getting married because of birth certificate issues. It was awesome to hear because I remember meeting them at Danny’s baptism then seeing them go to church for the first time over in Tondo. I also learned that Danny has been the Elders Quorum President for a few months now and his wife Rose Marie is the Relief Society Secretary. The two of them are still looking set on being sealed in the temple this may when then temple opens back up! We were really lucky to meet such great people.
Well other than that I think that’s about all for this week other than the fact my righteous companion Elder Mitchell got a ticket for taking a u-turn on a red light haha. They took his license and it took a few hours at the city hall to get it back and pay the fine. Also, they don’t have garbage cans here in the streets so what you do is put your trash in a pile that has randomly been made by others then some workers eventually come grab it after a few weeks haha. Elder Mitchell went to throw away a juice box-type drink when out of nowhere a dog on a leash literally jumped out of the pile of trash at him. He about lost it and it even scared the crap out of me even though I was on the other side of the road! Hahaha good times here in the mish.
Love you all!
Elder Reber
We think these are pics from the new apartment Wow!

He says the places he has worked recently are mostly these that are just outside the city







 








Apparently these guys aren't busy enough- :)

No comments:

Post a Comment